New Problem :(

New Problem :(

Hey Recon,

I tried logging on to the new play.rcraft.eu server but my the game keeps crashing. I thought it was my computers fault but when I opened up the single player it worked fine. Then i tried a different multiplayer server and that worked too. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Thanks,
      Cincy
      It's hard to beat a man who never quits. -Babe Ruth
      Does this help at all? It says invalid memory at the bottom if that means anything.

[20:50:08] [Client thread/INFO]: Setting user: cincy_reds44
      [20:50:08] [Client thread/INFO]: (Session ID is token:daa38a1f06824c92a23751acbc86c86e:9dcfcc3fc5474ecd87a87694eea6bda3)
      [20:50:10] [Client thread/INFO]: LWJGL Version: 2.9.2
      [20:50:11] [Client thread/INFO]: Reloading ResourceManager: Default
      If on Windows, make sure to provide all of the necessary dll's as specified in the twitchsdk README. Also, make sure to set the PATH environment variable to point to the directory containing the dll's.
      [20:50:11] [Client thread/ERROR]: Couldn't initialize twitch stream
      [20:50:11] [Sound Library Loader/INFO]: Starting up SoundSystem...
      [20:50:11] [Client thread/WARN]: File minecraft:sounds/mob/ghast/fireball.ogg does not exist, cannot add it to event minecraft:item.fireCharge.use
      [20:50:11] [Thread-8/INFO]: Initializing LWJGL OpenAL
      [20:50:11] [Thread-8/INFO]: (The LWJGL binding of OpenAL. For more information, see lwjgl.org)
      [20:50:12] [Thread-8/INFO]: OpenAL initialized.
      [20:50:12] [Sound Library Loader/INFO]: Sound engine started
      [20:50:14] [Client thread/INFO]: Created: 512x512 textures-atlas
      [20:51:22] [Client thread/INFO]: Connecting to play.rcraft.eu, 25590
      [20:51:25] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] cincy_reds44 joined the game.
      [20:51:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] -----------------------------------------------------
      [20:51:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Vote for us every day for in game rewards and extras
      [20:51:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] vote.rcraft.eu
      [20:51:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You currently have 0 Votes
      [20:51:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] -----------------------------------------------------
      Invalid memory access of location 0x0 rip=0x0
      This is a copy of the detailed report. Don't know if it helps. I had to delete some stuff so it would fit the 10,000 character limit. It said binary stuff so I didn't think it was important. As far as java version i'm not sure. The game crashes as soon as I log into the server though.

These are the links for what i think you're looking for. By looking at that site I'm pretty sure that my Mac which has OS X 10.6.8 has Java 6 since it is too old to run Java 7...i think.

"Problem Details and System Configuration" Crash Report: pastebin.com/jzBuNDFN

"Game Output" tab in the Minecraft Launcher: pastebin.com/U7PXCiMm

"Launcher Log" tab in the Minecraft Launcher: pastebin.com/yRXmdE6S
      Not sure if it's an issue with Java 6 or not but I was reading about that on google already that some players are crashing with old OSX/Java versions.
      There would be 2 solutions: Either upgrade OSX to 10.8 (should be $19,99 in mac store) or try installing Java 7: stackoverflow.com/a/14024322/1684529
      Otherwise I have pretty much no idea what could be wrong there since I don't own a mac and never used one before :/
      I just updated my mac to the latest version then I downloaded and tried to run Minecraft, it told me that I had to download Java 6 to run it, so I did and when I try to connect to the server it says,

Failed to connect to the server
      java.net.ConnectException: Connection Refused:

Might be useful information to you, however I wouldn't recommend trying to update to the lastest OSX Version just yet as it isn't really working properly with many programs anyway so let alone minecraft working on it...
      it's probably not going to happen very soon.
      [img]http://i49.tinypic.com/4gt5du.jpg[/img] I approve

The latest OS X version runs Java 7 perfectly fine... Don't know what you did there but Java 6 is no longer recommended on any OS.
      Java 7 is always recommended and Java 8 is already out there too.

Connection Refused means that a software firewall or your router is blocking the connection.
      That has nothing to do with Java.
      Dang. It's just weird how it works fine with everything else just when I join the rCraft server it crashes. I don't think it's anything on the servers side either though since other people are getting on fine. I don't what to do.
      Recon:

First I appreciate all the helpful suggestions you guys are giving me.

I downloaded the "Pacifist" program that you linked me to with no problems. I'm stuck on this part: "install the 'JDK 7 Update X.pkg' in the 'jdk7-7uX-macosx-x64.dmg' file you download fromhttp://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html"

I can't seem to find the files it's telling me to download. Would you mind taking a look at the Oracle website listed above and seeing if you see it and I'm just missing it? I wouldn't be surprised because like i said im in over my head with this kind of stuff haha

Thanks,
      Cincy
      Alright so I now have Java 7 downloaded and installed.

I went to my Java preferences and set it as the priority setting, but now I can not open the Minecraft launcher. I believe this is what bunnyz was saying. Now that I have Java 7 installed and running, when I attempt to open my Minecraft application, i receive this message:

"Cannot launch 'MincraftLauncher' No compatible version of Java 1.6+ is available"

Any known ways to solve this? Should I re-download Minecraft from minecraft.net in hopes that it is an updated launcher in some way? But like I said Java 7 is successfully installed.

Thanks,
      Cincy