1.9 and rCraft

1.9 and rCraft

So Minecraft 1.9 is coming in a couple of weeks or months probably and we have to decide what to do with existing worlds and the database.
      Currently there are two options: Wipe everyting and start from scratch with 1.9 or keep everything and just update to 1.9.
      The current world is kinda messed up because of some huge redstone buildings. I already removed the most of the circuits some months ago but it's still hitting the CPU sometimes.
      That means you will experience really bad lag sooner or later which will lead to a forced wipe anways.
      So in the long term I would prefer to do a whole wipe and start from scratch but I let you guys decide.

Also SkyBlock and the Minigame will probably be removed with 1.9. They are not worth keeping them up because people are rarely playing on them.
      If you have any suggestions for other gamemodes, let us know.
      To wipe or not to wipe when 1.9 comes out 11
        No wipe (6) 55%
        Full wipe (5) 45%
      i kinda want full wipe but then i have done a lot of projects and also mv and others have so i don't want a full wipe
      but i would be happy to go round with some flying powers to clean junk from the survival like all the noob towers etc
      Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it. Oprah Winfrey
      what if instead of a map reset we moved spawn a couple thousand blocks away. this will open up the area around the new spawn location like a new map and give people the chance to start over if they want, while letting others retain what they have now?
      Creativity leads us all to new pastures.
      Redstone is life.

MVStar wrote:

what if instead of a map reset we moved spawn a couple thousand blocks away. this will open up the area around the new spawn location like a new map and give people the chance to start over if they want, while letting others retain what they have now?

That doesn't fix the mentioned issues.
      thing is me and others have put in effort in builds and projects and we don't really want to lose them
      what if you did some world edit around spawn deleting crap but in my opinion i don't want the reset
      Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it. Oprah Winfrey
      Well, I mean it would be nice to see the update, I'm still connected to the things I built on the server. If we do, I'm sure we could rebuild it and make our creations better. Your choice, I'm on the fence on this one. Quick question though, if we were to wipe the world, would it also wipe the mcmmo stats?
      Only one who devotes himself to a cause with his whole strength and soul can be a true master.
      For this reason mastery depends of all of one person.

- Albert Einstein
      So it's currently 50/50 if I vote for a full wipe which I actually would do.
      There isn't a reason to keep that world up besides the work you put into it. The major lag it causes sometimes will result in an unplayable world sooner or later.
      I might think about having the main 1.8 overworld as a separate world besides a new 1.9 world.
      Old Nether and End will be deleted for sure and I'll setup a store for ressources from the said worlds.
      I guess that's a fair compromise.
      it seems that people would like to keep their creations more than anything. what if there was to be a map download for the old map and just restart fresh ?
      Creativity leads us all to new pastures.
      Redstone is life.